Job type: Full-time
Role: Frontend Developer
Experience level: Senior
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Company Size: 11 – 50 people
Company Type: Private
Industry: Retail Tech, Machine Learning, Software as a Service
The Opportunity: Senior Web Frontend Engineer
Buymore is based in Nairobi. Our pride is in our excellent engineering culture with a knack for delivering amazing customer experiences. We are growing so fast and that is why we are now looking for a smart creative and talented web Frontend engineer to come and assist us to keep delivering these amazing customer and product experiences. You should know how to have productive technical discussions and be ready to continuously iterate on features based on feedback from our business teams and customers.
You’ll also help in other aspects of building a new company: Designing features, making good product decisions, and building a culture of engineering excellence. While we work independently, we support each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, and pair programming which facilitates learning and reducing friction in our continuous release cycle.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small and growing engineering team, where you will make a big impact on a robust SaaS product that impacts thousands of retailers everyday and is trusted by some of the top brands in the packaged consumer goods industry.
- Develop, test, debug and document new and existing components to ensure that our software meets business, quality and operational needs.
- Focus on scalability, speed, security, and availability of all applications and processes.
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices.
- Collaborate with partner organizations, devops, backend teams, support teams on technical issues and provide guidance.
- Work with the team to troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently.
- Manage technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
- Motivate and educate your team members on coding standards and best practices both within the team and as part of the architecture group
The preferred candidate we are looking for should have deep technical knowledge in how to build single page applications, consume REST APIs and generally plenty of hands on experience as well.
- 3 years of professional software engineering experience with at least 2 years building Single Page Applications; Angular or React is a huge plus
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization of frontend applications
- Comfortable spending 3x the time you spend to implement a new feature just focusing on tests for that feature
- Some experience designing and building cloud native first applications is preferred
- A degree in Computer Science or a relevant IT field is preferred but not required
Buymore is a tech company that specializes in designing and developing nextgen solutions that make the retail supply and distribution chains more efficient.
Businesses that use our products are better informed and as a result are able to cut costs, increase revenue, offer a better customer experience as well as generate consumer insights that enables them to scale their business to the next level. You can learn more about Buymore on: www.buymore.co.ke
- Casual dress
- Medical insurance
- Free coffee, tea, milk and snacks (any time)
- Free hot lunch
- We seriously respect the work-life balance
How to Apply
Interested? Send us your roaster (a breakdown with a description of products/APIs you have built or the role you played, if it was a team effort, and with which technologies you used and the Month-Year you did this ). Also include links (GitHub, Bitbucket, Heroku, Medium) to anything you think we should know about. Then let us know how much compensation you expect.
Email your roaster to [email protected]
Applications without a detailed roaster will not be considered.