|Company Type:||Private||Industry:||Retail, Big Data & Fintech|
|Primary Work Location:||Head Office (Nairobi)||Reports To:||Sales Manager|
|Position Type:||Full-Time||Weekly Work Hours:||45 Hours|
Buymore has built a retail platform that enables wholesale and retail outlets to automate the process of how they capture and store their business transactions as well as how they manage their inventory.
Businesses that use our products are able to generate insights that enable them to cut costs, generate more revenue and increase margins. You can learn more about Buymore here: www.buymore.co.ke.
The Opportunity: Sales Associate
Buymore is growing and we are growing fast! We are looking to recruit a smart, creative and highly talented individual to join our team to help us reach and close more customers to adopt our product.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young and energetic team at a time when the organization is scaling and working towards having a lasting impact in the markets we operate in.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the following tasks (amongst others):
- Execute planned sales activities and develop a target of high potential new customers.
- Generate leads by identifying potential customers to adopt our products.
- Engage prospective clients to understand their pain points, needs and requirements and after that propose suitable solutions from the company’s suite of products.
- Present and demonstrate our products and services to prospective clients through sales presentations, demo events, trade exhibitions and any other medium as provided for and advised by the company.
- Promote and market the Buymore brand.
- Review and track sales performance in line with set performance targets and take corrective action where necessary to meet assigned targets.
- Negotiate contract terms and close sales.
- Report on your sales activities regularly and in a timely fashion (daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly) to your direct supervisor.
In this role, you will be expected to have the capacity to meet the demands of an ever-changing business environment. You will also be required to have the following:
- A self starter with the ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team with minimum supervision.
- Ability to function and deliver under pressure.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and Swahili.
- Quick learner who is able to pick up new technology concepts quickly.
- Qualifications & Experience
- A diploma in any business related field.
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets
- At least 5 years work experience in sales with a minimum of 3 years working within the retail distribution chain – with an FMCG manufacturer, a distributor or a wholesaler.
- Having worked in a role that entailed Software as a Service (SaaS) sales will be considered to be an advantage.
How to Apply
If this role intrigues you and you meet the qualifications above, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are open until 15th November 2021.