Job Grade: Grade 3
Reports To: CEO
Position type: Full-time
Primary Work Location: Head Office (Nairobi)
Travel Required: No
Weekly Work Hours: 45 Hours
Buymore Industry: Retail, Big Data & Fintech
Posting Expires: 29/02/2020
Company Type: Private
Buymore is a tech company that specializes in designing and developing next-gen solutions that make retail supply chains more efficient. Businesses that use our products are better informed and as a result are able to cut costs, increase revenue, offer a better customer experience as well as gain consumer insights that enable them to scale their business to the next level. You can learn more about Buymore on www.buymore.co.ke.
The Opportunity: People Manager
Buymore is growing and it is growing fast! We are looking to recruit a smart, creative and highly talented individual to join our team to form our first People Department and take on the role of People Manager. This is a huge and exciting opportunity to join a young and energetic team at a time when the organization is just about to scale to achieve great things and make a lasting impact in the industries we operate in.
As a People Manager, your role will encompass all things relating to the recruitment, support, and training of the Buymore family. We believe people give their best work when they are happy and motivated, so your key goal is to make Buymore a place where everyone can prosper.
Roles & Responsibilities
These will be your key day-to-day responsibilities:
- Act as a day-to-day employee contact for all HR and employee-related matters.
- Oversee the onboarding of all new hires by taking them through an orientation process and ensure that they are settled in and get up to speed as soon as possible.
- Assess the business’s staffing needs and advise the management team on how many new hires the business needs to make to enable the Company to achieve both its short-term and long-term goals.
- Supervise new employees during the probation period on a day-to-day basis to determine if they are a good fit for the role and how well they function in their job.
- Create and manage employee feedback channels to build a culture where employees understand that their feedback is important and is always welcome and encouraged.
- Process requests for any form of work leave, including vacation and personal day requests.
- Manage employee relations by listening to problems employees have with their coworkers and managers and file these complaints as needed with upper-level management.
- Make recommendations to management on what to do with employees who fail to meet the minimum Company standards in any area on a consistent basis.
- Regularly evaluate employees to determine how well they are fulfilling their job and whether or not they are meeting Company standards for professionalism, attendance, and work performance.
- Identify skill gaps within the team and recommend areas for training.
- Ensure that the business is compliant with any ethical principles, laws, and regulations when dealing with any employee-related issues.
- Work with management to create a happy and prosperous working environment for all Buymore employees.
- Work with employees to create a personal development plan for them that will enable them to grow professionally and give them more skills to better perform their tasks.
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with your market experience for the role.
- We provide health insurance.
- We have a great working environment with a young and energetic team.
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
The ideal candidate for this position is a good communicator, a strong motivator and a good strategic thinker with the ability to translate ideas into solutions. Additionally, you need to have the following skill sets:
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in human resource management, psychology, business administration or any other equivalent field.
- At least 3 years of experience in human resources with direct exposure to employee relations, recruiting and building teams.
- Language skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Impeccable English grammar and editing skills with the ability to translate complicated messaging into clear writing.
- Ability to make effective presentations on any topic whether controversial or complex to your co-workers, management team, the board of directors and any external parties.
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and regulations of Kenya.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of interpersonal, diplomacy and confidentiality skills.
The following qualities are considered to be a must-have for all Buymorians (Buymore employees):
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Have a “get things done” spirit.
- Be productive and results-oriented both as an individual and when collaborating with others in a team.
- Be self-driven and highly ambitious.
- Have a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Be passionate about making a big impact on the work that you do.
- Be passionate about driving change and solving some of the industry’s biggest challenges.
How to Apply
If this role intrigues you and you meet the qualifications above, please click HERE to apply. Applications are open until the 29th of February 2020.