Job Grade: Grade 2
Reports To: CEO
Position type: Full-time
Primary Work Location: Head Office (Nairobi)
Travel Required: No
Weekly Work Hours: 45 Hours
Buymore Industry: Retail, Big Data & Fintech
Posting Expires: 20/01/2020
Company Type: Private
Buymore is a tech company that specializes in designing and developing next-gen solutions that make retail supply chains more efficient. Businesses that use our products are better informed and as a result are able to cut costs, increase revenue, offer a better customer experience as well as gain consumer insights that enable them to scale their business to the next level. You can learn more about Buymore on www.buymore.co.ke.
The Opportunity: Communications Lead
Buymore is growing and it is growing fast! We are looking to recruit a smart, creative and highly dependable individual to join our team and form our first communications department.
We are looking for a communication and marketing expert that is entrepreneurial by nature to join the team as our Communications Lead and play three major roles in the organization:
- Improve how the Buymore team communicates both internally and externally.
- Elevate Buymore’s brand as the leading organization that digitally connects retailers and retail stakeholders.
- Lead fundraising efforts by shaping Buymore’s social impact story and position the organization as a viable and lucrative investment opportunity for Grants and Social Impact Funds.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this role, you will be required to do the following under:
- Internal Communications
- Design and continuously update a comprehensive internal communications strategy to support our growing team as we scale the organization.
- Work with the People Manager to identify the most effective ways to continuously communicate the organization’s culture, mission, and the goals we are working towards.
- Coach the sales team on how to communicate effectively when selling.
- Coach the support team on how to communicate well in times of crisis and need.
- Coach the entire Buymore team on how to network, engage customers (both existing and potential), make presentations, negotiate among other things.
- Prepare all company publications such as reports, data visualisations etc.
- Lead and ensure that there is consistency in the messaging, branding, content and look-and-feel of all internal and external communication and marketing materials
- Assess the marketing needs of the organization and from there set and outline a direct strategy for elevating Buymore’s brand in the market to establish it as the leading organization that digitally connects retailers to other retail stakeholders.
- Setup and manage the company blog.
- Manage all the organization’s social media accounts and set a content strategy for each that will enable the organization to achieve its main marketing objectives.
- Develop and monitor digital marketing campaign budgets.
- Prepare and execute a strategy of how the organization can improve its SEO.
- Analyze digital data to draw key recommendations for changes or improvements to the organization’s website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Identify powerful keywords that drive the most valuable traffic on social and search pages.
- Social Impact Fundraising
- Manage and support all grant or social impact funding requirements and implementation for the organization.
- Research to identify relevant and available grants or social impact funding suitable to the organization.
- Manage all applications around grants or social impact funding.
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer good pay that is competitive with market rates and is commensurate with your market experience.
- We provide health insurance.
- We have a great working environment with a young and energetic team.
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
The ideal candidate for this position is a creative leader with good experience in branding, marketing, communications and fundraising for social impact ventures.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience (working in a similar role) in branding, marketing, or as communication and programs manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills and the ability to translate complicated messaging into clear writing.
- Experience in designing and driving marketing campaigns across different platforms such as digital, print and radio.
- A deep understanding of all the key digital media platforms and how to analyze their analytics.
- Fluency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record in media relations including placing articles and interviews in top publications.
- Google Analytics and Google Ad Word certification is a plus.
- Dynamic, motivating, and entrepreneurial-minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and deadlines.
- Have a proactive mentality with a curiosity and desire to learn.
- Experience of having managed and executed social media and or other digital campaigns and budgets.
- Experience in designing and writing technical proposals for grants and other related social impact programs that were successful.
The following qualities are considered to be a must-have for all Buymorians (Buymore employees):
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Have a “get things done” spirit.
- Have the ability to be productive and results-oriented both as an individual and in a collaborative manner.
- Be self-driven and highly ambitious.
- Be passionate about making a big impact with the work that you do.
- Be passionate about driving change and solving some of the industry’s biggest challenges.
How to Apply
If this role intrigues you and you meet the qualifications above, please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. Applications are open until the 20th of January 2020.