|Company Type:||Private||Industry:||Retail, Big Data & Fintech|
|Primary Work Location:||Head Office (Nairobi)||Reports To:||CEO|
|Position Type:||Full-Time||Weekly Work Hours:||50 Hours|
Buymore has built a retail platform that enables retail merchants to digitally connect with service purveyors (anyone who sells a product or service to retailers).
Businesses that use our products are able to gain insights that enable them to cut costs, generate more revenue as well as increase the number of customers they reach. You can learn more about Buymore here: www.buymore.co.ke
The Opportunity: Chief of Staff
Buymore is growing and we are growing fast! We are looking to recruit a smart, experienced and highly talented manager to join our team to coordinate our organization’s operations to ensure efficient day-to-day operations. We are cognizant that as we continue to scale, we will owe our success to the capability of our operational performance. This role is therefore crucial as it helps us to ensure that we have organizational wide efficiency.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the Chief of Staff you will work closely with the leadership team to help them plan for and oversee ongoing operations throughout the organization. Ultimately, your core responsibilities will be to increase the efficiency of our business operations as well as to make sure that productivity remains high among all our teams and they are operating effectively in their given roles and mandates.
In your daily adventures, you will be responsible for the following activities (among others):
- Project Management
- Determine and define project scope and activities.
- Establish client requirements through information gathering sessions and presenting this to internal teams in ways they can understand.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule.
- Ensure that our projects (both internal and external) are executed on time and within budget.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on project performance to senior management.
- Provide project updates to key stakeholders.
- Anticipate potential challenges in our operations and implementations, consider all risks and mitigate them well in advance.
- Document and publish best practices, policies, procedures and processes as directed by your line manager.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
- Ensure that best practices, policies, procedures and processes are being followed across the organization.
- Review and make recommendations of how and where to optimize existing organizational processes and procedures to improve quality, productivity and efficiency of departments.
- Performance Management
- Analyze KPI and OKR performance and report back to senior management.
- Communicate quality standards, output parameters and user acceptance criteria to teams.
- Design, implement and continuously optimize a variety of workforce programs to improve productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Train and onboard new hires.
- Work with department leads to ensure that quality standards are met and maintained for employee work output.
- Work with department leads to breakdown KPIs and OKRs into monthly, weekly and daily tasks.
Successful candidates will be required to have the following competencies and qualifications:
- Ability to function well and deliver under pressure.
- Be a results oriented individual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have an aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in any business related field, preferably with a focus on project management.
- Prior experience of having worked in a B2B environment.
- Prior experience of having worked with a technology company.
- At least 4 years of proven experience working in a similar role, in operations or a project management role.
How to Apply
If this role intrigues you and you meet the qualifications above, please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are open until 20th January 2022.